Apple’s AirTag has revolutionized the way in which we maintain monitor of our possessions. Nevertheless, one query that often arises is, “the way to add AirTag to second telephone?” This text will present an in depth step-by-step information on the way to accomplish this.
What Is AirTag?
Earlier than we delve into the method of including an Apple AirTag to a second telephone, it’s important to grasp what AirTag is. AirTag is a small, coin-shaped machine designed by Apple to assist customers maintain monitor of their belongings utilizing the Discover My community.
AirTag is a superb instrument for monitoring objects like keys, wallets, or luggage. Nevertheless, its capabilities lengthen past simply discovering misplaced objects. It may well additionally make it easier to find your units after they’re out of Bluetooth vary, due to the huge Discover My community that spans tens of millions of Apple units worldwide.
Is It Doable to Share an AirTag?
One of many distinctive attributes of the AirTag is that it might probably solely be paired with one Apple ID at a time. Because of this it might probably’t be shared between a number of units that use completely different Apple IDs. Nevertheless, Apple has made it doable to switch an AirTag from one machine to a different. This function turns out to be useful whenever you need to present or resell your AirTag.
Transferring an AirTag to a Second Telephone
While you need to know the way to add AirTag to a second telephone, step one is to take away the AirTag out of your Discover My record. This step is essential because it disables the Discover My Lock that ties the AirTag to your Apple ID. Right here’s the way to do it:
- Be sure that the AirTag is inside Bluetooth vary and linked to your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Discover My app and faucet on the ‘Gadgets’ or ‘Units’ tab.
- Choose the AirTag that you just need to take away and swipe up.
- Faucet ‘Take away Merchandise,’ after which faucet ‘Take away’ once more to verify.
Notice: An AirTag can solely be eliminated on an iPhone or iPad, not on a Mac.
As soon as the AirTag is eliminated out of your Apple ID, it may be reset manually.
The way to Manually Reset an AirTag
Resetting an AirTag is a simple course of. Right here’s the way to do it:
- Press and maintain the metal battery cowl of the AirTag and rotate it counter-clockwise.
- Take away the duvet and battery, then reinstall them.
- Press and maintain the battery till you hear a sound from the AirTag, indicating a profitable connection.
- Repeat this course of 4 extra occasions. The fifth sound indicators that the AirTag is able to be paired.
- Align the tabs on the duvet with the slots on the AirTag, and rotate it to safe it in place.
Pairing an AirTag with a New iPhone
After resetting the AirTag, the subsequent step in studying the way to add AirTag to a second iOS machine is to pair it with the brand new iPhone. Listed here are the steps:
- Unlock the iPhone and navigate to the house display.
- Carry the AirTag near the iPhone.
- A pop-up ought to seem on the iPhone displaying a picture of the AirTag. Faucet the ‘Join’ button.
- Select a reputation for the AirTag from the record or enter a customized identify and add an emoji.
- Faucet ‘Proceed,’ register the AirTag to the brand new Apple ID, after which faucet ‘End.’
That’s it! Your used AirTag is now paired together with your new iPhone and can seem within the Discover My app.
Can AirTag be Tracked on A number of Units?
Whereas an AirTag can solely be paired with one Apple ID at a time, it may be tracked on any machine that makes use of the identical Apple ID. It is a sensible workaround when you have a number of units and need to monitor your AirTag on all of them. But, if the units have a distinct Apple ID, it is not going to work.
That being stated, you can not add an Apple AirTag to an Android machine.
Sharing an AirTag: The Workaround
Whereas it’s at present not doable to share an AirTag between completely different Apple IDs, there’s a workaround. You can provide a good friend or member of the family entry to a different Apple machine that’s signed in with the identical Apple ID. This can permit them to maintain monitor of the AirTag’s location.
Wanting Forward: Group Sharing
With the upcoming launch of iOS 17, Apple is planning to introduce a brand new group sharing function. This function will permit as much as 5 people to share monitoring info, making it simpler to maintain tabs in your belongings.
Whereas the present setup doesn’t permit an AirTag to be shared between a number of Apple IDs, Apple’s continuous updates and enhancements maintain promise for extra versatile sharing choices sooner or later. Nevertheless, for now, the workaround strategies offered on this information on the way to add AirTag to second telephone ought to suffice.
You should definitely control Apple help boards and web sites for brand spanking new updates and Apple information.